Wednesday, March 5, 2008

To paraphrase

Be the change you that want to see in the world - Ghandi. This goes out on most of my e-mails as part of my signature. It's a truism that I have tried to live for most of my life. Of course, it's easy to be smug and think you know it all and that your answers are the correct ones. To be sure they are not. But change is a moveable feast and so we plod on until we get it right or we change ourselves.

Some days I think that I would greatly benefit from bright red cape and tights, Wonder Woman bracelets too but alas, I don't think I'm really super hero material. For one thing I can't even get my hair to behave far less squeeze myself into bustier and tights. I might dream about it, but otherwise I plod along and try to do the best that I can in my civvies with varying degrees of success. So if perchance you pass by the office and see a red-haired woman twirling and chanting, "by the power of Isis" do not run screaming and call the funny farm. It's just me trying to channel my inner superhero...without the costuming!

No comments: