Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Long weekend!

Yee ha people! Heads up, we have long weekend coming up! I don't know about you, but I have no plans to go do anything that requires large amounts of energy. That includes driving long distances, making elaborate plans to meet up with anyone and cooking large meals. So if you're hoping that I'm going to bestir myself and actually get out and do things, the most I might do is wash the red machine. It's filthy and I keep getting icky stuff on my clothes.

Of course I should really be waxing lyrically on the importance of Easter and all that, but since I no longer provide the material for the Tourism website I don't feel obligated to act as the defacto tourist board on my own time. The short version for you foreigners, Easter is another time when we get to slag off for four days on the pretext of religion, I'm not complaining, especially after the last two weeks. This morning I plan to sneak off to the nameless bookstore having a sale and pick up another stack of reads, minus the bodice rippers so that I may have a choice of material for my downtime. I hear the big chief is going to be off island so the rest of us braves are using the time to recuperate before the insanity starts again. We have lots of insanity around here, but that's to be expected.

On a different note, I seem to be surrounded by writers of late. That is in addition to the bloggers club. Last week my friend James who writes psycho thrillers was in town and we had a giddy. Then yesterday I got an e-mail from Fiona Walker. Fiona writes hugely successful novels for women. They're well written and entertaining with complex characters in over the top situation. I wonder if the universe if trying to tell me something, like get off your ass and write woman. Things to make you go hmm.

1 comment:

Andreamuse said...

Writers are really cool. *nods* :-)

Whee, a four-day weekend! Is nice!