Monday, April 7, 2008

Things

This is my fourth attempt at today's blog. I have a lot of stuff going on inside that I want to write about but somehow think that I should leave alone. People getting killed for standing up for themselves, outrageous prices, all kinda ting. And then I thought, time to disconnect my mind and live in the now. If you haven't read Eckhart Tolle's book The Power of Now, you should. It makes getting through the days a lot easier. You process differently.

Last week I spent a great deal of time admiring the fine figure of a man. Not my man, not even close. I was working, again, but I got lucky, Wendell Manwarren was involved. Now if you hadn't already guessed, Wendell is one of my favourite people. Not because he is good looking, though he is, not because he's highly intelligent, he's that too; no, I love Wendell because he has such great energy. I'm around him five minutes and I feel better. About anything. In the long years that we've known each other I have never had a bad Wendell moment, he's always got a positive vibe, even when his day hasn't been so great. That's really hard to find and I hope that he always has that going on for him. And for the record, he gives fabulous hugs too but that's between me and him....

I've come to believe that's the secret. Find something positive, something that works for you and hold it for a moment. Then let it go having enjoyed it for what it is, stop picking at your emotional or physical sores, they only get worse and then you hang on to them, as a badge of honour because it gives you an out. Instead of letting it go and moving on with your life. Because this is what you have, now. Like Charmayne who cooked me this really great lasagne this weekend. I've enjoyed every bit that I've had so far, she even made enough for me to freeze for later on. You have to allow people to love you in whatever way they choose to show you.

So instead of concentrating on all the bad. Stop, disconnect your mind and enjoy the now.

1 comment:

Wuzdescene said...

I love this post ..... I stumbled upon your blog today .... and I like .... will definitely be checking you out again ....