Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Bugger off

In less than two days I'll be barreling up the highway singing Freedom at the top of my lungs. I guess you could tell that I'm looking forward to getting out of here for some R&R. The hound has realised that something is amiss, the suitcase came down, he knows what that means. He and the Xman, who's house sitting, will have some quality time together. Whatever, my arrangements are all made.

The sun is shining, the sky is so blue that it almost hurts your eyes to look at it. Okay, I'm not about to start singing or anything equally foolish. But I was feeling rather together this morning so I decided to wear my "girly" dress to work. Now I very rarely wear dresses as a rule being a tom boy and all that. This particular dress does take some courage to wear, it's fitted, black and white pattern and though it's knee length with high neck and long sleeves it's a very Womanly dress. I feel like a girl in this dress, I've stopped traffic while wearing it. I'm not some svelte, toned beauty type, far from it! Smugly I will admit that I have a nice ass, or so I'm told and the sight of it in this dress has caused various otherwise sensible men, to say things that they may have not voiced.

Why am I bringing it up you wonder? Well, there I was, feeling on top of the world and I was brought crashing back when a woman, who I only know from the coffee shop, offered to give me a "cure" for my not so slim waistline. Well hold up darlin", who asked you? Yes I refused the muffin on the pretext of fitting into my swimsuit, which is too big by the way. (stop laughing Blue). Now I wanted to ask if perchance we were having a relationship which meant that she saw me naked and it was bothering her. Last I checked we weren't, but I contained myself admirably I thought. I however refuse to be crushed! Nothing is going to ruin my mood so help me. And I am comforted by the thought that while I sun in the aforementioned swimsuit, she and all the other detractors will be slaving away dreaming of what I have. Shallow? Yes, but if you can't say something positive to someone, just shut up.

2 comments:

GirlBlue said...

Isn't it lovely how Trinidadians feel the need to give advice at every turn? *steups*


Oye ah wasn't laughing, or snickering quietly for that matter hehe

Andreamuse said...

oh my gosh -- I think that would freakin' ruin my day if someone said that to me. Some people are so rude!