Friday, June 27, 2008

Pride


A lot of my friends are gay. Angry African started a post this way a couple of weeks back after the California ruling, I smiled and read on. Glad to know someone else shared my views because, a lot of my friends are gay and I could understand his take on the subject. I didn't set out to only make friends within the gay/lesbian community, it just sort of happened that way. For me, they are my friends, why should their sexual orientation be an issue?

For all the bigots who claim that it is a lifestyle choice let me tell you, bugger off. You can no more "chose" to be gay than I can choose to be short. For years I have watched my friends in pain from the slings and barbs of people; it can get really nasty. Needless to say, I'm very intolerant of bigotry, I have no time for bigots and small mindedness and say so very publicly.

This weekend there will be a series of Gay Pride Activities in Toronto, Canada, Pride has become one of Canada's biggest cultural events. Good for the Canadians!

No comments: