Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Blogging is serious business

Everyone these days it seems has a blog. Some of them are quite good reads and some you wish the writer would quietly pack up and disappear into the woodwork from whence they came. Says me anyway.

I have a friend who spends quite a bit of time on-line doing research or so she claims. Personally I think its an excuse to skive off and read but then again, I might be projecting. No denying however that she has sent me some incredibly interesting links which enliven my life as I drudge through my day. If my boss is reading this, no I don't do it on your time nor do I blog on your time...ingnore the time signature you see here, it lies.

Looking at the wealth or dearth of material out there has made me realise how lazy I have become. I used to be employed as a writer so it is somewhat incredible that now, I scarcely write anything that is not a harangue to my staff or officious paperwork. Maybe that's what's put me off but it sure as hasn't stopped all those other people out there with things to say. You do have to be committed to be a blogger though. Occasional dilettante scriblings will not work, you must be consistent, no matter how boring you might get.

Honestly, I started this blog because various friends pointed out that I always had these interesting stories that only they heard. So what, I countered. Well, let's say after a protracted period of denial I ended up with a blog. I'd really like to comment on things like the stupidty of politicians and how much money gets thrown around, yadda, yadda, yadda but ultimately, who cares. So for now, will save my ranting for other outlets and encourage you to go read other people's much more interesting blogs!

No comments: