Friday, January 4, 2008

And a Happy New Year to you too....

I thought I'd gotten off to a good start this year. Dropped the baggage and all that kind of thing, my time, etc. etc. Two things happened, though I refuse to let them negatively influence my life, they did once again remind me that you constantly have to question people in your life.

My friend/colleague Doug and I had tootled off to the tattoo guy. Doug and I have a very similar ethic, we are both tattooed and our tattoos are very personal to us. They're not about fashion, they mark passages and are almost in a way, a rite of passage. So anyway, it's a safe bet that we're both getting tattooed again. It was good feeling and since we were both at somewhat loose ends, the conversation was going well we stopped to have a convival drink together before going our separate ways.

To cut a long story short, I ended up having to take the keys of an acquaintance to prevent him from drunk driving. It was not pleasant but what totally pissed me off was that this man's friends or drinking buddies all sat around and watched him stagger out of the bar and did not even bleat. Imti did inquire as to whether his companion was driving to be told no, and all the men sat there giggling with her. Other than Doug who didn't even know the acquaintance no one seemed to care. At which point something had to be done. It's ugly and I prefer not to talk about it, I had keys. I am now not so sure I want to be speaking to these people. Doug and I left after I passed the keys on to the acquaintance's girlfriend. For all kinds of reasons I am still mad today. But I really don't want to talk about it.

The other thing was seemingly small, an old boyfriend took an e-mail that I had spent some considerable thought and time on, forwarded it to his address book, including me, passing it off as his own. He's passed my work off as his own before, quite a lot actually, so why did this bug me more. It underlined the lack of regard that this person who professes to be my friend, has for me.

Life lessons. So my friends, I've had my rant, I'm letting it go. I happily look forward to getting my new tatt, it means another passage but that's between me and my dragon. Happy New Year. Stand by your convictions and don't let anyone make you feel bad about it.

No comments: